Test Results - What needs adjusting?

May 5, 2009
NC
Added CYA last Tuesday.......Here are my newest test results w/ CYA included. Still learning, so I wanted to see if anything needs to be adjusted besides the FC. Wasn't quite sure about the T/A. Thanks!

FC - 3 (going to adjust to 4)
CC - 0
TC - 3
pH- 7.8 (had quite a bit a rain this past weekend was 7.5 before the rain but has been 7.8 since)
T/A- 120
CH- 60
CYA- 32ish

The TA is alright where it is (unless you have problems with PH drifting up very quickly). It will probably drift down very slowly over time, so you might as well let it do that and not worry about it.

Everything else looks good.

Given a CYA of 32, you never want to let your FC level fall below 2. The idea is to find a FC level to raise FC to, so that 24 hours later it is still 2 or higher.

Yesterday my FC was 1.5 (hadn't tested CYA yet) so I added 70 oz of bleach to adjust to 4 late yesterday afternoon. Tested around 1:30 today and got 3. So should I wait until later this afternoon and check it again to see where it's at before adding more bleach?

stephanie4136 said:
Yesterday my FC was 1.5 (hadn't tested CYA yet) so I added 70 oz of bleach to adjust to 4 late yesterday afternoon. Tested around 1:30 today and got 3. So should I wait until later this afternoon and check it again to see where it's at before adding more bleach?

Usually best to test once the sun is off the pool. I do mine early evening and add chemicals accordingly.

Yes, you can wait to test and raise FC until later in the day. Long term, your goal is to get into a routine that you will have an easy time doing each day. Pick a time of day that will be convenient every day, or almost every day, and stick with that. Ideally, you want to add chlorine in the evening, but it is more important to pick a time of day that is going to work for you day after day.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.