Where does temperature come into play?

censored

Silver Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Pool Size
I have been playing around with my solar and covering for a few weeks now, and have come to the conclusion that we like 92 degree water. But this got me wondering. How warm is too warm from an algae, pathogen, and parasite perspective. My experience from living in the south for a couple years tells me that nasty stuff grows in warm water. But in chlorinated water is there any risk at all? If I ask my wife, there is no such thing as too warm, but for my friends here at TFP, am I introducing any risks with water temp up so high?

You're likely to have higher rates of FC loss just because the hypochlorite will decay a bit quicker at higher temperatures (not considering UV or bather waste), but should not be an excessive amount. As long as you stay on top of testing and maintain proper FC to CYA ratio, enjoy the warm water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.