Starting Conversion Using Sodium Percarbonate

Another update:

FC 15
CC 0.5 (yay!!!)
CYA 50
Salt 2700 or 2900 (can't remember which it was, will have to check the printout from the pool store when I get home)
PH 7.6

Last night I turned on the SWG. At first it said "generating." Then after a few minutes, the Check Salt was light up, as well as Check Cell light up. I can't remember if they were constantly lit or flashing, so will turn it on again when I get home. I ended up turning off the SWG last night after the led's lit up.

I guess I'll be calling Goldline to see what is up. I wonder if the high chlorine content is confusing it? We're adding more salt this morning to bring it up to 3200 ppm. I know we're low but the manual said it could run at 2600 ppm. The guy at the pool store said to add salt today and the CYA tomorrow (we're using pool store salt and liquid CYA). Does this make sense?

Pool still looks fantastic! Last night there was a chipmunk in the pool, holding onto the skimmer box for dear life. So I walked over to lift him out but he got so scared of me, he was able to lift himself up and out of the pool. Unfortunately, just a little while ago, my husband said he fished a dead one out of the shallow end. Guess he didn't listen to me last night when I said stay out of the pool :(

Update: I came home and before I turned on the SWG, I decided to unplug and replug in the cell to the panel. Then I turned on the SWG, the Generating led lit up, and then I waited. Checked it again only this time the Check Salt and Check Cell led's were not lit, and the salt level which is factory set at 2600 had moved up to 2700. Yay!! So looks like all it needed was a "reboot" of the cell.

I'm just not sure what to set the output dial to. I am going to take a chlorine reading in about an hour and I guess that will determine where to set the output dial?

Sorry, I thought I was done asking questions. But, this morning the FC is at 14.5, CC 0.5. I've had the SWG going all night. Here's where I'm confused though. Since the FC is so high, shouldn't I wait for it to come down before running the SWG? I've read through all the documents re SWG's a few times, and I understand where the numbers should be and why, it's just getting there that I need help with.

Thank you, Jason, you are a total hero :)

Thank you so much! I just turned it off and will wait for it to come down. Do you know typically how long it takes for it to come down to 5 FC? The guy at the pool store tried to sell me something to bring it down but I don't want to add any pool store products to do that.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would think tomorrow, especially if the pool is uncovered. You'll probably lose 1/3 to 1/2 of the FC level (percentage loss-not ppm) each day to sunlight so I would think by tomorrow. Just keep checking it, ya never now. Test tonight and then tomorrow a.m.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.