Pool still cloudy after a few weeks

Nah.

TBpFmnB.jpg

I have the same filter as you and sometimes scratch my head with weird readings early in the season (how can it have a slight haze at 9ppm FC and 40ppm CYA). Those filters for some reason after cleaned don't work as well until they actually filter for a while. Buy some Super Blue clarifier and put some in the pool and about 4oz in directly in the skimmer. I just went through this with a brand new cartridges last year not green but not the crisp TFP clarity I usually get until I do this each spring.

Hello again all....

Here are my results from 6am and 12pm.

6AM Results

FC - 17.5

CC - 1

TC - 18.5

CYA - 25-30

12PM Results

FC - 12

CC - 0

TC - 12

CYA - 25 -30

Here are a couple pics from about noon today.

Hopefully it looks better to you folks. Its been two weeks looking relatively the same.

Wishing for a tint of blue soon. :)

Pool (1) 10 June.jpgPool (2) 10 June.jpg

Yes, hopefully you'll see more progress over the weekend. This thread (SLAM) started just about 3 days ago or so, so it's still relatively young, but you'll get there. You have a fairly large gallon capacity, but as long as you maintain that FC of 12 it will continue to work in your favor. Have a nice weekend!

Keep on keeping on. There is no need to test your CYA at this point doing it too frequently will leave you with too little reagents. At this point of the SLAM, you don't need to test CYA unless you replace some water since your CYA levels have stabilized.

How do the rocks and waterfall look? I would make sure to scrub those down really well with some watered down bleach. Hidden algae on the rocks and waterfall will drag this out longer than necessary.

Take photos of the stairs every day, that will help show the difference.

KC, I test the CYA in order to get to the recommended levels. I started at 0 and looking to get to about a steady 30 - 35. I am not there yet.

Waterfall is good. All cleaned off. I had it on early in the process only to have both my pumps recirculating water while to color was swampy green. Once the water was clearing up, I turned it off as the pump didnt go through the filter.

Thx for the response.

KC, I test the CYA in order to get to the recommended levels. I started at 0 and looking to get to about a steady 30 - 35. I am not there yet.

Ahh, I see, you are still hoping for your CYA to increase. There still isn't a need to test CYA every time you test FC. If it has been more than 48 hours since your CYA finished dissolving, then your CYA probably won't increase anymore. There is a margin of error +- 10 for the CYA test and it is subjective and very sensitive to lighting and how you hold it. Also, CYA results are always rounded up to the next line, so a result of 25 is interpreted as being 30.

Waterfall is good. All cleaned off. I had it on early in the process only to have both my pumps recirculating water while to color was swampy green. Once the water was clearing up, I turned it off as the pump didnt go through the filter.

One less thing to worry about :) When the pool water gets clear, you probably want to run the water through the waterfall so that the plumbing and all of the waterfall surfaces get exposed to the SLAM FC levels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Using the aqua bot is not the same as brushing unfortunately. Still have to brush manually. Using a manual vaccum if you have sediment isn't a bad idea either.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good Morning all..

Here are my 12 June AM test results with pics.

FC - 15

CC - 1

TC - 1

CYA - 30

CH - 275

TA - 100

pH - 8.2 ( a bit high. Pool Math calculates to add about 1 gallon of Muriatic acid. Will add 1/2 gallon then test in an hour before adding the other 1/2 gallon.)

Pool (1) 12 June.jpgPool (2) 12 June.jpg

Thanks again all for the help and responses.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.