new to forum. just bought a house with a huge pool...

NyDon

Jun 7, 2016
Gloversville, NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello all!

My name is Don, My wife and I just bought a house with a large pool. A large green pool. Joined this site to gain some knowledge and get it up and running. We live in Gloversville, NY.

The pool has not been open in 3 years but was winterized. I think I am getting the run around by the local pool companies, maybe they just don't want the work... so I will do it.

Hello all!

My name is Don, My wife and I just bought a house with a large pool. A large green pool. Joined this site to gain some knowledge and get it up and running. We live in Gloversville, NY.

The pool has not been open in 3 years but was winterized. I think I am getting the run around by the local pool companies, maybe they just don't want the work... so I will do it.

Hello from not too far away.

It really isn't too complicated once you get the hang of it. Basically the pump draws water from the skimmer and pushes the water through the filter and then it is pushed back into the pool through the returns. The filter cleans the debris from the water as it runs through.

On top of the pool itself you have the water to deal with. If you read through this site you can get an education that will prepare you to do all of the typical maintenance on your pool and some of the more involved stuff as well.

You will want to buy a test kit to get an accurate reading of your water and a lot of liquid chlorine!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.