Tarp to go under metal frame post feet, or behind them?

Hi all. First post here. I am setting up an Intex 12'x30" pool and so far I've just finished cutting out the sod (with a shovel... my arms are tired!) Once I level the dirt (which is mostly clean with only a few small rocks that I've been picking out by hand) I will pack it and lay down a 14'square 8-mil tarp I bough off amazon. My question is, should I leave the tarp spread out such that the posts/feet rest on top of it, or should the tarp be bunched up behind the posts so the posts (and some sort of load-spreading paver/board) can go directly on the dirt?

Since everyone likes pictures, here is my progress so far.
First evening before my arms gave out:
pool%2001.jpg

Second day:
pool%2002.jpg

The posts can start to sink when water splashes out or it rains. (Even with the tarp between the. And the ground). Many of us use pavers underneath the posts, that need to be level with the ground, so they don't rub up against the liner.

I think I might go buy a couple cedar fence pickets and make some 6"x6" base-plates for the feet. I'm thinking I might just put everything on top of the tarp since the circle of sod I cut is 14'Ø, and my pool will only be 12'Ø, leaving a 1' perimeter of dirt/mud, so having the tarp cover it would look nicer.

Package delivery! :D

2016-06-08%20_184803.jpg

I decided to use some of 1" thick paver bricks I had laying around. I'm still undecided if I should put the tarp over the whole thing, or try to tuck it between the posts and the pool liner. right now I'm leaning towards just covering the whole ground, even though it will be tougher to position the legs on the pavers under the tarp.

Got it all nice and level though!

2016-06-08%20_194423.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you cover all of your leveled ground, you can always cover the part that is exposed with mulch or washed river rock to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I thought about that, and I may put down mulch, but I'm trying to keep it as reversible as possible since I may move next summer. That's my main reason for not using sand as well.

Up and running now.
I decided to put the tarp over everything. Looks pretty good and covers most of the dirt.
2016-06-09%20_202344.jpg

Not bad for my first install. :D It's full now. The water level is pretty consistent all the way around, except one quadrant, where it's about 1.5" shallower. Strange. I thought I had everything level. Guess I missed a spot. Oh well, I'm not going to worry about it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.