Weak Spa Jet Pressure - Cleaning Jets

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I am having a problem with my spa jets. The pressure is weak, and I think that they probably need to be cleaned. I did scrub the cartridges in my filter, but that didn't fix the issue. I also noticed that the spa jet valve has very little resistance. It's hard to explain, but I don't feel pressure when I turn the valve. I usually have to apply a bit of force. It seems like the valve is turning freely. I will need a socket extension to reach the jets. Is a 24" long enough? Does anyone know if it's a 9/16" bolt? Is there anything else I should try? I haven't observed any other problems, so I can't think of anything else.

Usually the spa jets are 9/16" but I can't say for sure if they are all that way. The length depends on how far back they are set but usually not much more than 12".

As for the valve, you can take apart most 3-way valves in order to inspect them for damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.