Another New Guy

daokie

May 18, 2009
First, thanks a group for putting this site together.

I have had a pool for about 10 years but until this year I have had a pool company open it. I am opening this year for the first time. We live in Oklahoma.

The pool is 30,000 Gallons, 24x40 with a liner. It was not drained last winter but the water was lower. I have a mesh cover so lot of dirt get into the pool also the chemicals are almost non-existant. I have two quextions: I have heard that there is an order that you should add chemicals to you pool. I'm starting from almost pure water, which checmicals should be first?

Second, what is the best way/product to get the brown dirt stain our of my liner?

I appreciate any information I can get.

Welcome to TFP!

The best order to do things in varies depending on what your levels currently are. Typically, you want to make sure PH and TA are both plausible, they don't need to be ideal, but they do need to not be way off. Then start on chlorine and CYA.

CH and fine adjustments to PH and TA can wait till everything else has settled down.

If you post a full set of test results, we can make specific suggestions.

Welcome to TFP. :wave:

Please put your pool info/equipment specs (filter type, swg, inline chlorinator, etc.) in your signature, that way you won't have to repeat yourself whenever you have a question.

Go to User Control Panel, then Profile, then Edit Signature. :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.