duraleigh

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 1, 2007
Sebring, Florida
Hi, Folks, We typically don't use the forum for customer service but we need to get this info out.

Over the last week or so we have received complaints about the drops in the TF-100 reagents not forming the right size drops. Today, we put together enough info to figure what happened.

There are two tips that look almost identical....a control tip (which produces drops) and a fluid tip which is not designed to produce drops but simply dispense fluid.

Our plastics supplier apparently co-mingled some of these two tips into a single box and shipped it to us.
We unknowingly have installed some tips that were incorrect.

Neither us nor our supplier has any way of knowing how many are in there so we hope you'll help us.

Here is a picture of the inside of both tips and here's what to do.FullSizeRender.jpg

1. Simply bend over the tip until it "pops" off (pretty easy to do)

2. Look at the inside of the dropper tip. If it has the little vanes and center bar, like you see on the right, it is the correct tip. Simply snap it back on and your done.

3. However, if it looks like the one on the left, it will need to be replaced. Snap it back on and count it.

4. As you have time, please look at all the tips in your kit and take note of the bad ones.

5. Now, please send your name and shipping address to TFTestkits@ gmail.com. Say, "Please send me (XX) tips". We'll get them right out.

6. If you are replacing reagents, you have a quick fix....simply snap off the tip from the new reagent and if it's the one that doesn't belong, replace it with the tip off your old bottle and you're done.

That's it. We'll turn them around quickly and get them right out to you. We'll put some rubber gloves in the envelope so you won't get messy.

We are really sorry this mistake happened. These folks have been our very good suppliers for 7 years so we are not throwing them under the bus......it's a mistake any of us could have made.

As always, TFTestkits is appreciative of the business you give us. Quality Control is not to be taken lightly and we have already made the steps to make sure this doesn't happen again. Please give me a call if you need further help with this. (863) 314 6987

We overlooked saying that the Taylor bottles with the Taylor label on them are not included in this. R-0003, R-0014, and R-0600 are the three in the TF-100

Also excluded from this issue are the two small bottles in the kit, R-0011L and R-0010

Here I thought I was bad when I was doing my test. I wish we all, including you, knew this earlier. I wasted so many drops having to redo my tests. At least we can all change them out :)

ill ll follow my instructions shortly to get new ones.

thank you for standing by such a great product.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I am working on contacting everyone that may have gotten a "bad tip". All orders now should have the correct tip, and if they do not, contact me at [email protected]. I really appreciate everyone being understanding. Mistakes happen, we learn from them. I am sorry for this mistake and will do my best to correct it. Rebecca @ TFTestkits

Tip off my old bottle came right off and went right onto the new bottle no problem. There was no splash & it only took a few seconds to swap.

I am officially back in business :party:

Just like hauntedmansion ~ in my business world I have had to deal with this before from trusted suppliers and then correct the problem with my customers. I think most understand the fact sometimes things like this happen ~ and a moment of pause realizing in instances like this we are fortunate that human error does happen, it means a human was employed and not replaced by machinery.

No sorry necessary, you have more than made up it for with top notch, quick & professional resolve, it's appreciated greatly, thank you!

Why is the Taylor r003 and the r0011L not included? Is it because it doesn't matter if they have the wrong tip for that one?

Interestingly, I have the Taylor r0015 which I didn't purchase from you (because you didn't sell it) and it has the wrong tip. I assume that is a problem?

Why is the Taylor r003 and the r0011L not included? Is it because it doesn't matter if they have the wrong too checked that one?

Interestingly, I have the Taylor r0015 which I didn't purchase from you (because you didn't sell it) and it has the wrong tip. I assume that is a problem?,

That is interesting. According to Taylor that should be a dropper bottle. Looks like they have the same issue.
http://www.taylortechnologies.com/products_results.asp?Type=ProductNumber&SearchString=r-0015

Edit: It is believed that the bottles with Taylor labels are correct. Please disregard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.