Parts list to add IC40 to Easytouch 8

Jun 7, 2016
Bakersfield CA
Can anyone help me confirm what I need to setup an IC40 to work with my current Easytouch 8. I prefer not to use the external power supply and want to integrate it into the current panel.

What I've come up with:
521441 Transformer
521142z Circuit Breaker
521218 Surge Board
520724 power cable from board out the bottom of the panel
520555 salt cell (IC40)

I've tried calling Pentair to confirm this, but got so sick of waiting on hold, anyone here care to help before I order these parts.

I have both of those but they were integrated together from the box. I would call Pentair to make sure I was told by Pentair support if you call them in the morning they wait shouldn't be too long

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It might make sense to just purchase the external Power Supply that normally comes with the IC40, when not part of the EasyTouch, and then just take the guts out of the external supply and mount them inside your EasyTouch.

Just a thought, not sure if the cost would be cheaper or more expensive than what you plan.

I too like the idea of having everything in one enclosure, but other than the visual issue, it would much easier to install the external supply and have it controlled by the EasyTouch.

Jim R.

It might make sense to just purchase the external Power Supply that normally comes with the IC40, when not part of the EasyTouch, and then just take the guts out of the external supply and mount them inside your EasyTouch.

Just a thought, not sure if the cost would be cheaper or more expensive than what you plan.

I too like the idea of having everything in one enclosure, but other than the visual issue, it would much easier to install the external supply and have it controlled by the EasyTouch.

Jim R.

If this is what I need I've priced it all out and it comes up to between $900-$1,000. So it's only a bit more than the combo of IC40 and external power supply. I've also read some of the parts for the main panel are different than those used in the external one.

My thought is if you buy the parts and install yourself and it does not work, where will you turn for answers on how to get it running. If you buy the IC40 with external supply you can power it all up and make sure it works first before hooking it up to your EasyTouch.

It appears all you need to control the external power supply, is to run the 220 volts power from the filter relay to the external power supply, as well as a four wire cable for communications between the power supply and the EasyTouch Com board. The Power supply costs about $310 more than the IC40 by itself, at SunPlay. I'd be surprised if you can buy the parts for less.

Jim R.

rphinney, I was in your shoes about 4 months ago. I did not want an external power supply to add another box to my setup. Based on my research you have all the right parts. In the end I thought what was 1 more box so went with the external power supply. Just make sure you turn off the ET8 at the circuit breaker since you can very easily fry the mother board and it costs about $900. I also decided in the end that Jimrahbe comments are spot on if something goes wrong it is going to be more difficult to get help. Good luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.