Replacing Air Blower for Spa - Any Recommendations?

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
The air blower for my spa stopped working, so I need to replace it. Can anyone give me a recommendation? I was thinking about the Polaris 1-480-02, which is 2 HP. This model is plastic, but I noticed that there is also a metal version. Would one of these be a good choice, or should I look at something else?

My existing one is only 1.5 HP. Will I have any issues upgrading to a more powerful unit?

http://www.amazon.com/Zodiac-1-480-... spa blower&qid=1465323341&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Looking at this post with great interest as I JUST YESTERDAY placed an order for the EXACT 2 HP model you posted above.

If you were happy with the performance as far as the output of the prior one, I would get the same powered replacement. Why do you want to upgrade to 2HP? Was 1.5HP not sufficient on your old one?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Chris. I usually ALWAYS go to Amazon as they typically can't be beat when the item is "Prime". But I did my research extensively and found this same unit for $173.00 NO TAX and free shipping to NJ.

I am not sure if posting links to vendors is against forum rules. So if interested, shoot me a PM. Or better yet, maybe a mod can tell me if I am allowed to post the vendor's link so I can share with everyone.

Looking at this post with great interest as I JUST YESTERDAY placed an order for the EXACT 2 HP model you posted above.

If you were happy with the performance as far as the output of the prior one, I would get the same powered replacement. Why do you want to upgrade to 2HP? Was 1.5HP not sufficient on your old one?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way Chris. I usually ALWAYS go to Amazon as they typically can't be beat when the item is "Prime". But I did my research extensively and found this same unit for $173.00 NO TAX and free shipping to NJ.

I am not sure if posting links to vendors is against forum rules. So if interested, shoot me a PM. Or better yet, maybe a mod can tell me if I am allowed to post the vendor's link so I can share with everyone.

Thanks for your post. I did see the $173 option, and I'm definitely going to order from them. I appreciate you pointing that out. I'm like you, in that I almost always buy everything from Amazon. I don't have a particular reason for upgrading to a higher HP blower. The price difference was so negligible, I thought I might as well get a more powerful unit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.