Question about adding Second suction to Pool from Original suction drain.

Hi guys have a question. I am currently remodeling my pool. My pool has only one suction drain at the bottom of the pool but my spa has two. A contractor recommended me to add another suction drain to my pool tapped into the same line of my original suction drain (basically break my gunite and run another suction drain tied into the original). Does this make sense to do? I could understand running a whole new line from the equipment and adding a suction drain but not to sure about just adding another to the same line. Anybody have any advice if this will help my pool or is this contractor b/s me?
Thank you

That is to be compliant with the Virgina Graeme Baker law. Adding a separate individual line would not serve that purpose as you could still get sucked down to it. Having two drains a certain distance apart plumbed to the same line allows there not to be an entrapment risk.

http://www.cpsc.gov/PageFiles/105477/vgb.pdf

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.