Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stone - Other than River Rock - Need Beiges/Tans

1. Back To Top    #1

Stone - Other than River Rock - Need Beiges/Tans

We have beige/tan pavers around our pool. Now we need to do the landscape this year. I want some type of stone, but not river stone/rock unless they are not the gray ones that I can only find here in NY. Most all the riverstone seems to be gray with a few reddish stones. I do not think this will look good with the beige stones and will definitely take away from the nice color of the pavers which is why we chose them.

Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, pictures for me?

Thank you.
    18x36 IG Vinyl Grecian Lazy L (20k gallons) ~ Whisperflo DS 2.0HP pump ~ QuadDE100 filter ~ Autopilot SWG DIG-60 ~ (7) 4x16 solar panels

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stone - Other than River Rock - Need Beiges/Tans

At my walmart, they have pea gravel (very small-"pea size" rocks) and what are called "pond Stone" (about the same size as river rock, but smoother surface). Both are more tan in color than what they have as river rock. Depending on what other colors you have, you could also use marble chip, they are more white in color.
    WV Girl

Custom "L" shape IG gunite pool, 36K gal., main drain, 2 skimmers, 3 returns, hayward heat pump, hayward 1.5hp pump with booster pump, ozonator, 4 cartridge filter.
    one dear hubby, two waterlogged kids, and lots of good times!

3. Back To Top    #3

We use a rock called 'Iowa Rock'. Don't know if it's river or not, but has greys, beiges, whites, and faded reds in it. Medium sized. Holds it place great (better than pea gravel) on slopes and looks great. Not sure if they have that where you are.
    Ben
    Vinyl IG, 16200G, Sand, SWG (Intellichlor), 3 deck jets and 2 laminar flow fountains from atop a retaining wall.

4. Back To Top    #4

Be careful of smaller rocks like pea gravel, as a leaf-blower will fling them into your pool when you are cleaning up the trimmings from nearby grass or bushes.

Steve
    Pool: 625 SF Free-Form In-Ground Shotcrete Pool w/7.5' dia spa.(8 jets), 24" raised bond beam (22,500 gal)
    Pentair Equip: Intelliflo VF Pump, MasterTemp 400 Heater, IC40 SWG, Quad DE 100 Filter
    Automation: IntelliTouch i7+3 (+ extender panel), 6 Jandy Automated Valves (S, R, Spa Bypass, Solar, Cleaner, Spillway)
    Other: 75% Solar, Kreepy Kruiser Cleaner, Tan Hip-Hop Diving Board (a bit curved) on 606 Cantilever Base (SR Smith)
    Links: [TFP Pool Build Thread] - [TFP Landscaping Thread]