Brand New SWG Pool...What to do with testing???

Jan 9, 2016
Newton,NC
We just got our pool installed last week. We went to local pool supply for water testing and bought what chemicals were recommended. But now I want to learn to do my own testing.
WHERE do I start? What test kit is recommended? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome! Test Kit Comparison here for your reading: Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Here is the most recommended test kit: TFTestkits.net

The K-2006 is also a good kit, but the TF-100 comes with more reagents and is a better value. TFT also sells K-1766 Taylor Salt Test (drop test) or Salt Test Strips - Aqua Chek to verify your salt levels. Once you get a kit, folks will assist along with the links in Pool School to get you up to speed.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I buy muriatic acid and if so what does it take the place of? Someone also told me to use baking soda (bulk from Sams Club).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I also need to buy salt test strips with this kit? That is the one I was leaning toward because of recommendations on this site.

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I buy muriatic acid and if so what does it take the place of? Someone also told me to use baking soda (bulk from Sams Club).

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the quick reply. Do I also need to buy salt test strips with this kit? That is the one I was leaning toward because of recommendations on this site.
If you have the test kit, the first step would be to test all the parameters of your water and post your results so advice can be given. Yes to a kit that will test salt since you have a swg. I use the Taylor k1766 not strips

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.