Acid washing new prism matrix question-Help!

texasgal78

Bronze Supporter
Feb 17, 2016
Prosper, TX
20160607_095746.jpg

Are these areas with excess plaster ok?? I asked if he could go over some more to expose more of the pebble so he did a little with straight acid. He said if he does too much it will get too rough. Are these areas like that because there just isnt enough pebble in those areas that maybe should have been corrected yesterday when they were throwing more glass pebbles on top? Or is this something that they need to expose more with acid? Im just worried about it looking splotchy in areas and then cant do anything about it once they start filling. Would love your insight! And I will post more pics of the pretty prism matrix when they are done!! So exciting!!!

- - - Updated - - -

DSC_8987.jpg

I can tell you that we had the same outcome on our steps with Pearl Matrix, which is also a WetEdge product. Our resurfacing was completed in early March, and the condition has not resolved itself with brushing, even though the contractor said it might. We haven't pursued it, since we had a number of issues with the contractor and by now have just given up on him. It is less noticeable when the water is circulating.

There is more plaster there, not less pebbles. It is completely cosmetic and will not be a problem. More acid wash is the answer. Aggressive brushing with a stainless steel brush or wet/dry sandpaper will also expose more aggregate.

that is really pretty, it may get less as you brush the pool going forward..

Thanks! Haven't noticed much of a change yet.

I can tell you that we had the same outcome on our steps with Pearl Matrix, which is also a WetEdge product. Our resurfacing was completed in early March, and the condition has not resolved itself with brushing, even though the contractor said it might. We haven't pursued it, since we had a number of issues with the contractor and by now have just given up on him. It is less noticeable when the water is circulating.

Well that stinks! Hopefully as time goes by, it will get better!

There is more plaster there, not less pebbles. It is completely cosmetic and will not be a problem. More acid wash is the answer. Aggressive brushing with a stainless steel brush or wet/dry sandpaper will also expose more aggregate.

Good to know! I guess I can't do the acid wash since pool is filled, so just do the aggressive brushing to those sites? Thanks!

Great choice on Prism Matrix, looks like a Deep Sea Blue? It is a less exposed part of the aggregate that we in the business call "the cream". You likely don't notice it now that there is water in your pool. Would love to see some pictures post start up! Make sure you register your warranty so you are covered if anything goes weird with it Wet Edge | Warranty. You do get 15 years on that finish in residential!

Thanks Jake for that warranty link. I do still notice some areas mainly on the bench areas. But, it's fine! I LOVE the prism matrix and yes, its deep sea blue! We are very happy we chose it!! I only have a few pics after startup that show the prism matrix on my phone, but here is one and a few right after fill
71dbf2c943266d199ec0cefae156c3b4.jpg

6f9cbab9067a80c344d54f381306a6b6.jpg

2017fd945271ae00b1e00a0b44391745.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.