D.E Leak

Jun 22, 2015
New Jersey
Hello Everyone,

I'm new at this so please bare with me if this seems like a newbie question. I recently cleaned out my D.E. Filter and assembled everything back together. I put in the recommended D.E but now have most of the D.E coming out of the return line. I read that this usually happens if I have a tear or rip in the filter. So I re-opened the filter tank and inspected the filter. I didn't notice any tears or rips but for some reason it seemed not a lot of D.E was on the filter. I did some research on the filter itself and noticed that this filter comes with an air bleeder tube. My question is what is this pipe used for and I noticed the new air bleeder pipes have a mesh at the bottom. The previous owner had a capped pvc pipe in there and I didn't think it was important so I left it out and now I'm wondering if this could be the cause of my D.E leak? Also should I purchase a new bleeder tube instead of using the capped one the previous owner used? Any information or help would be most appreciated. BTW I have a Pentair Quad 60 D.E filter.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.