Help with choosing pump/filter for 15' above ground

erc

May 19, 2009
Hello, I've been doing a lot of reading, but I'm not quite sure what to get for a pump/filter. I expected there to be lots of equipment reviews/comparisons online, but I haven't found many.

I bought your basic 15' round above ground pool (wally world) last summer -- very much an impulse buy. I live in Northern Maine, so our pool season is very VERY short, and so I'm trying not to spend a mint on this setup. Last year we pretty much just found the most level spot in our yard and set it up on the grass. This year, I'm looking to do things differently.

I've leveled off a 17' area in the yard, and we're getting ready to set the pool up. The filter/pump that came with the pool was garbage, and I'd like to replace it. I'm leaning toward a cartridge filter, but most of what is discussed here is a little to expensive. I'd prefer not to spend more than $400 on the whole filter/pump setup if possible (is that possible?)

Again, I'm not looking for top-of-the-line... just something that's better/more reliable than the Crud that came with the pool.

Thanks very much for helping a newbie out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.