Installing slide - How to keep water clear?

JamieP

Platinum Supporter
May 16, 2011
TX (~30 miles south of Dallas)
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
We are finally getting ready to install the TurboTwister slide that has been sitting, assembled, beside our pool for months. The plumbing is in place with a capped pipe exiting the concrete pool deck where the slide is to be placed. This pipe is about 20' or less from the equipment where the line is controlled with an actuator.

My question is how to do the installation to minimize old standing water from inside the pipe from getting in the pool and messing up my chemistry. Or, if that is not possible, how to minimize negative effects to my chemistry if this water does get in the pool. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help!

I'm sure that little bit of water would be no harm but if you must, turn valve off, cut off cap, temporarily slip on elbow to direct water away from pool, turn valve on and let it run until old water is out. Then turn valve off and proceed with installation.
Kris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.