comparing test results... thoughts?

Hwatt

Jun 7, 2016
Sioux City, IA
Hi all, new here.
Our pool is a 28ft round 52" deep dough boy that came with a house we purchased last year. I am currently only using liquid chlorine, muriatic acid, and borax. We had the start of an algae bloom 3 weeks ago. I used HTH's green to blue and have been vacuuming to waste, refilling, trying to maintain a high FC level (using about 1 gallon of 10% a day at least). The water is clear as can be, BUT I just can't seem to get rid of the darn bugs! Backswimmers and boatman, probably a hundred or so. I decided to take water sample in to see if there was something my cheapo test kit was missing. I have two local stores that test my water for free. I took the same sample (about 20oz.) to both places on the same day within about 20min. These are my results...

Store #1
Temp - 70*F
Saturation Index - 0.53
Free Chlorine - 5.4
Total Chlorine - 6.2
Combined Chlorine - 0.8
pH - 7.7
Hardness - 446
Alkalinity (w/ stabilizer correction) - 177
Cyanuric Acid - 9
Copper - 0.1
Iron - 0.2
Phosphates ~ 200

Store #2
Temp - 75*F
Saturation Index - 0.7
Cyanuric Acid - 32
Total Chlorine - 4.3
Free Chlorine - 2
pH - 7.7
Total Alkalinity - 170
Total Hardness - 446
Copper - 0
Iron - 0

Both locations had recommended a foaming algaecide, some more muriatic acid. However Store #1 suggested that I may have to consider some expensive phosphate removers. What do you think about the numbers? any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.