16x 48 with 2 inlets and 1 outlet... adding skimmer

May 28, 2016
Fullerton, CA
I plan to install the skimmer tomorrow but I'm not sure what to do with the 2 inlets once I install the skimmer... from what I have researched most people use the skimmer as the only inlet... I plan to hard plumb the pool and was thinking I connect one of the inlets to the skimmer with a T and cap off the 2nd inlet... any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I kept both inlets. The first inlet I "Teed" off of my skimmer, for vacuuming. Both have valves so I can control skimmer vs vacuuming to the filter. I kept the second to supply water to my water feature pump ( my old intex pump).

Thank you for the info. I also plan to add a fountain and solar heater and had plan to Tiffin the off of my return having a valve for the return, the heater, and the Fountain... is there any reason you used the old pump?
Thanks

That is ideal. I have that setup and love it.
You can control the skimmer power by the valve on the other inlet. If the skimmer gets clogged or its door gets stuck, the other inlet can let enough water through so the pump doesn't start sucking air through the skimmer.

That is ideal. I have that setup and love it.
You can control the skimmer power by the valve on the other inlet. If the skimmer gets clogged or its door gets stuck, the other inlet can let enough water through so the pump doesn't start sucking air through the skimmer.

Pictures? I'm hoping to do this mod this weekend. I have hi salt and need to drain some water so this would be ideal.

image_zpsipk7r3vc.jpeg

here's my setup...kept the original inlet.Installed new place for skimmer. kept original outlet.installed 2nd outlet too. all have their own valves .inlet & skimmer are teed together.both outlets are teed together.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.