New Pool Build - Plano, TX

Just had the same tile installed on mine... I wonder why they chose to do bright white grout on yours but a darker color on mine? I presume they are trying to match the coping?

It's because of the tile crew we had. Instructions said "grout to match." The lady who owns the tiling co told me they always do white when it says that. I think there was a comms issue between PB and tilers. I am wondering if it's because our PM has only been there for about six months. Have you posted a pic? I need to check yours out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's because of the tile crew we had. Instructions said "grout to match." The lady who owns the tiling co told me they always do white when it says that. I think there was a comms issue between PB and tilers. I am wondering if it's because our PM has only been there for about six months. Have you posted a pic? I need to check yours out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, I posted the pics. I believe my PM has been there for around 13 years. Like I said in my OP, I worked directly with the "head on the horse" and I believe that is a reason why I got the people I got.

That being said, use my pictures to get it the way you deserve! Grout to match or thats a breach of contract.

Well, we are seven days into the fence build. It's been a challenge to say the least. Hoping they will be able to correct the issues to our satisfaction. The silver lining is that we now have an enclosed backyard. No more random strangers wandering in to look at the pool!

The goal for today was to get the fence finished for pre-plaster inspection. Of course, I haven't heard a word from our Project Manager which isn't sitting well with me. Don't know when plaster is but a week ago Monday the PM put us on the schedule and said they were running two weeks out. I'm a Project Manager professionally and this project has really tested my patience.

Paver deck was just power washed and it is looking good.

Hmmm... this makes me nervous. I know since I am doing PebbleSheen that a Pebble certified installer needs to do it, I hope they aren't back logged two weeks.

So you started digging in May and then I am sure you got pushed back a ton from the rains in May and June, I wonder how long your pool would have taken you with perfect weather.

Hmmm... this makes me nervous. I know since I am doing PebbleSheen that a Pebble certified installer needs to do it, I hope they aren't back logged two weeks.

So you started digging in May and then I am sure you got pushed back a ton from the rains in May and June, I wonder how long your pool would have taken you with perfect weather.

They told us three months from day of dig to completion barring any major issues and weather. They have to the end of next week to make that happen! LOL

We are doing the Hauk Custom Mix for our plaster. I'm not sure who they use for plaster contractors but I'd imagine they probably only use a few. Maybe if I ever hear from my Project Manager I can ask him. (Can you tell I am irritated right now?!)

They told us three months from day of dig to completion barring any major issues and weather. They have to the end of next week to make that happen! LOL

We are doing the Hauk Custom Mix for our plaster. I'm not sure who they use for plaster contractors but I'd imagine they probably only use a few. Maybe if I ever hear from my Project Manager I can ask him. (Can you tell I am irritated right now?!)

The only excuse I can see is that we did have a lot of rain in May and June so thats when the 12 week estimate really came into play. Since July 1st, we have only had two days of rain that hit me.

I'd call your sales rep and grill him. However, you don't want them to rush the guy.

Yeah, their pitch was that the Hauk Custom Pebble is made by the guy who was President of Pebbletec at one point, Chris Crosby I believe his name was. In the showroom, it looked nearly identical. I still went ahead with the Pebblesheen as I hear its all about the installation. Either product I think would have been fine.

Is your PM using ProEdgeBuild? I'd love to see your timeline if you wouldn't mind posting it here.

Wowwwwww.... you pretty much lost a 2-3 weeks after Gunite alone. They did remove the forms, gas and inspection, but after that, holy smokes, it just stopped.

Then after the stonework, it took them about a month to come back to begin your paver decking.......

Now I am nervous! Only silver lining is that May and June were awful months for rain. It looks like they have begun to speed up there process, but your latest work was done 10 days ago.

ProEdge.JPG

I'd start laying into them :hammer:, but thats me.... I am meticulous when it comes to projects, I will haunt everyone involved until its done.

It did seem to take FOR-EVER. That's why I told you to be prepared for it to really slow down after your gunite. I am curious to see if they speed you along and if so, is it because of your PM or just that the initial wave of pools for the summer are being completed. You seem to be cruising along at a much faster pace than we did. I was shocked to see you get tile so quickly.

Our project isn't as bad as it looks. We are done with the fence (as of today), shell clean and the grading. He just hasn't marked all of them off yet. I have been all over our PM the last two weeks to keep this thing moving. The biggest disappointment has been that we contracted the fence through them so that all of the coordination could be done by our PM. I feel like I've done more work to facilitate that than he has. Pushing them up hill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I went through the same thing with the wait (and checking pro edge build all the time, although it was never updated correctly) and my super was MIA for 2 days after we failed inspection (for something that had previously passed in another inspection). That's what happens when the city sends different people to inspect! Set us back about a week, in addition to our already 2 week delay. It's frustrating but as soon as you have plaster, acid wash is the next day and you start filling with water. It's almost over!

The drama here in Plano continues. After not hearing from our PM since Friday I put in a call to the sales consultant to find out what is going on. It's on that call that I find out our PM is no longer with the company. It would have been nice to have someone call me instead of having to take the initiative myself (par for the course on this build). I'm frustrated and just sick at all of the items that need to be addressed. Hopefully, we can get this project back on track.

Update: after a lot of "discussion" with PB we met with our new PM today. We were transparent about the problems we've encountered and shared our expectations of how we will work going forward. The good news is that we are scheduled for plaster. And that will only change if there is an act of God.

Update: after a lot of "discussion" with PB we met with our new PM today. We were transparent about the problems we've encountered and shared our expectations of how we will work going forward. The good news is that we are scheduled for plaster. And that will only change if there is an act of God.

Great to hear. Sounds like a freak incident. Can't believe that kind of service.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.