Matching Universal ColorLogic to ColorLogic 2.5

Mar 18, 2015
Encino, CA
My pool light went out a few weeks ago. After pulling it out, I determined that it is Hayward ColorLogic 2.5 (which is now discontinued). As per Hayward's Tech Support's suggestion, I bought the Universal ColorLogic (LPCUS11050) because it can be programmed to "appear" as the old ColorLogic 2.5.

I have followed the instructions in the user manual, which says "Turn on lights, then off for 11-15 seconds (repeat 3 times)" to enter the programming mode. I cannot get the LED to enter the programming mode.
Am I missing something? :-?
I have not hooked up the light to my controller yet. It is simply connected to an outlet on the wall for now.

Has anyone actually tried this? Is there a trick to it?

SOLVED - Matching Universal ColorLogic to ColorLogic 2.5

SOLVED!

First you have to turn on the light and wait 15-20 seconds until the light goes from white to another color. Then you follow the instructions above and it should work.
Hopefully someone else will find this post useful.

No thanks to Hayward's Tech Support. Her solution was to send a Technician (whom I would have to pay for) or return the light to whoever I bought it from... worthless!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.