New Pool owner w/ algae issue

Hello everyone, I just purchased a house with a 27,500 gal concrete in ground pool. While being a first time home owner, I'm also a first time pool owner as well. I had the pool inspected by a local pool company here in Maryland. Everything looked good. The only issue I'm having is that I have some type of algae on my pool walls and floor. I've vigorously brushed the walls and the floor and the stuff won't seem to budge, but I can wipe it off with my hands, and also a rag. The color is like a yellowish brown, I've been told it maybe mustard algae, but that's just a pool technician guessing over the phone. All the videos I've watched on treating mustard algae, it shows the algae brushing off pool walls effortlessly, while this stuff won't budge with a brush, only by hand or with a rag.

I'm just looking for insight on if anyone else has ever come across something like this and what did they do to treat it.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Welcome to TFP!

This is how we kill algae, Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain. After you pass the SLAM, then follow this for the mustard algae, Pool School - Mustard Algae

You will need one of the recommended test kits, Pool School - Test Kits Compared. I use the TF-100 from TFTestkits.net. It is the best value and gives you the most tests for the money.

Start here in Pool School to learn how we take care of pools.
Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Then head here
Pool School - Getting Started

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.