Which Automatic Inground Pool Cleaner to Get???

Feb 21, 2009
I'm in the market for a automatic inground pool cleaner and was wondering which one to buy..I was looking at the Baracuda G3 and the new Baracuda X7 Quattro..Can anyone help me on which one I should get....I also thought about the Kreepy Krauly..Any help an making up my mine in which one to get would be a great help..Thanks...

Choice magazine did an article on current automatic pool cleaners and highly recommended the G2, therefore the G3 is a good choice.
In saying that the X7 was not available at the time of the article's release.

I have a G3 and an Aquabot Bravo. They both have their pluses and minuses. The Aquabot is easier to get going. You just plug it in, put it in the water, and turn it on but then you have to clean out the filter bag. You don't need the filter running and the power consumed by its transformer is less costly than the pump. It can also pick up leaves and larger stuff and completes the cycle in 1 1/2 hours. The G3 takes awhile to hook up and attach to the skimmer. Then you have to get all of the air out of the hoses and get the pump to prime. Once that's done it works pretty good but takes forever, maybe 8 hours or more. It does get stuck by steps and corners sometimes. It will get plugged if it tries to pick up leaves and sticks. There is no filter bag to empty when done but you do need to take out the head and hoses and maybe need to backwash. The Aquabot will need repairs, maybe every 2 years or so, so it is more expensive. It's nice to have the G3 when the Aquabot is out of service. All in all I like the Aquabot the best.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.