adding stabilizer/baking soda and doing shock at the same time?

Jun 5, 2012
Hi,

I have a question, i'm doing the shock on my pool now. Could i add (stabilizer, baking soda, borax, or etc) to my pool while doing the shock time? Or i have to wait until the shock is done.

Hi,

I have a question, i'm doing the shock on my pool now. Could i add (stabilizer, baking soda, borax, or etc) to my pool while doing the shock time? Or i have to wait until the shock is done.
Stabilizer, yes, if you're below 30 CYA.

Messing with pH and TA during a SLAM Process is out. High FC messes with the pH reading so you'll just get the chemistry all out of whack if you try. See the pics. Accurate pH test during shock levels with R-007? That's wjy the SLAM Process instructions have you fix pH before you start and then forget about it.

I tested my water before doing the SLAM. all numbers are close to normal. Just TA is 80 and CYA is 20. I just don't want to wait a week for CYA to 30 before doing the SLAM. That is why i'm doing the SLAM now. Just want to confirm if i don't messed the amount of stabilizer or baking soda. i can add this to my pool while doing the SLAM.

I tested my water before doing the SLAM. all numbers are close to normal. Just TA is 80 and CYA is 20. I just don't want to wait a week for CYA to 30 before doing the SLAM. That is why i'm doing the SLAM now. Just want to confirm if i don't messed the amount of stabilizer or baking soda. i can add this to my pool while doing the SLAM.
80 TA is just fine. Don't add baking soda. But you can go ahead and add enough CYA to get to 30 and just assume it's there and use 12 FC as your new SLAM level.

Adding to Richard320, we are discovering that the CYA works into your pool (and can be measured) faster than we thought.

You should automatically assume your dose is in place in the pool, whether it registers or not.

In time, we will be making adjustments to our suggested wait times before testing for CYA.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.