There are no shortcuts; believe in the process and trust the experts - thank you TFP

tko

Apr 13, 2016
Portland/OR
I updated on of my original thread, but felt I needed to share. Bought a home with green pool (2-3 years unused). Spent too much money on pool chemicals and a cleaner came twice, but pool was still gross. We had a June 4 deadline for our daughter's big graduation open house and wanted to use the backyard. It took nearly 3 weeks, with vacuuming most of the gunk out, daily testing with the recommended kit, keeping pool at SLAM levels, consulting the experts for advice. I almost lost hope but was encouraged to continue.

June 4 brought 100 degree weather to Portland, OR, 200+ people to our home (our nieces/nephews/cousins splashing in pool), and a very happy graduate (in yellow). Family pic should've been in front of the pool. Thank you thank you. I will become a TFP supporter.

:) Beware of what you ask for...but I am happy to chime in where I'm confident.

Oh, and as a point of reference, this is what my pool looked like 3 weeks ago (that's after 25lbs of "shock" from pool store and 2 visits from a "pool guy"...before I found TFP).

Keep the faith and utilize Poolmath and your test kit. My hubby was dubious at first, but helped tons by 1) vacuuming to waste 2) brushing daily 3) getting rid of the dead mouse carcass from the skimmer (gah!!!!)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.