Pool liner vinyl quality question

Pogo

May 8, 2009
I saw the topic on pool liners lower down but my question while very similar has some different aspects so I decided to make it a separate topic.

As noted in stev32k's topic, some liners just don't seem to last as long as they should (that being what? 10+ years?). Well, a pool guy in the area suggested that whoever we chose to work on our pool (liner really needs replaced), make sure they use genuine made in USA material. He contends that some material is coming from overseas and is only lasting like 3-5 years do to poor quality material, the vinyl itself.

Is this true or just a sales pitch? :blah: :hammer:

Recommendations of brand? maker? products to choose from or avoid? "Stuff like that there"?

Part of that may be a sales pitch, but the original issue was "virgin vinyl", meaning sheets that have not been reprocessed from older liner material. You should ask about "virgin vinyl". The other things (besides water chemisty) that effect liner life are good bottom and side fit, and the radius of the corners. A 6" radius corner puts more strain on the liner than does a 4' raduis. Regardless, I still believe 10+ years should be expected from a reputable manufacturer. There are many price points, and most, do reflect that quality costs more. :mrgreen:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.