FAS-DPD test sample never going clear

Thanks Waterbear for the input. It was a poor choice of words on my part when I typed in the thread title...I was thinking colorless, but typed clear instead, and made it sound like while titrating I was waiting for the sample to clear up (turbidity) instead of going colorless. What's worse, I started a separate thread which got combined with this one, where I actually was wondering about the cloudiness of the sample right after adding the DPD powder.

Between this and the new thread that I started, it looks like I have a way forward: I won't be concerned with the cloudiness, and even though my pink color did hold intially after adding the powder, I'll add extra DPD powder before titrating if I'm expecting FC levels over 25 ppm.

Also, funny you should mention the magnetic stirrer; I'm ordering one from CaOCl2 today!

Thanks,
Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.