Newbie pool should be finished on replastering tomorrow. what to do

whytry

Mar 9, 2016
El Dorado Hills, CA
I have been reading as much as I can on here and I will be doing the traditional startup method listed on the site.

Traditional Start-up
Your builder will normally take care of the first five steps and then turn it over to you.

• Check all equipment and make sure it's functional.
  • Circulate the water, add sequestrant. Run pump 24 hours a day for first week.
  • Watch the filter pressure and clean the filter as soon as it rises 20% to 25% over the starting pressure and right after vacuuming. The plaster dust might clog the filter quickly so keep an eye on it and clean the filter as needed.
  • After the first 48 hours vacuum daily before brushing using a vacuum head with brushes (such as used in vinyl pools) instead of wheels to prevent marring the plaster. Clean filter after vacuuming.
  • After 72 hours add the CYA and then the chlorine SLOWLY to gradually bring it to the desired level.
  • Continue to brush, vacuum, test water balance, and clean the filter for one to two weeks, or 3 days after you see no plaster dust coming off when you brush.

In trying to understand all the ins and outs of this procedue, I ran across something that does not make sense to me. My question is why can I not use my Dolphin cleaner for the first 3 weeks? I would think this is better than vacuumin, as I would think the Dolphin would be a better choice to clean than me who is new to this trying to vacuum it.

Also as I mentioned I am new at this and trying to understand what is the most important things to pay attention, I know there is alot but if you were brand new to this, what would be the primary things to watch for/etc....

Thanks again for any and all help.

Thanks! I am brushing it several times a day and not really noticing the water getting cloudy, as I was told it will get cloudy as the plaster dust brushes off...

They told me if I continue brushing it several times a day, I will be able to use it faster than their timeframe of 2 weeks... Its June and beautiful here in CA, and my sons bday is the 15th and planning on a party on the 18th!! I'm hoping its good to go a little before then... Any thoughts?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.