New pool set up

Jun 6, 2016
Asheville nc
18 x 48 intex. 2650 Intex salt system. I set my pool up without the pump and filter as I was missing the valve and threaded connector. It should be here Thursday. How do I keep my pool clear until then and what test kit should I use? I also don't know how to write my tagli me - when I try it tells me it doesn't support mobile and that is all I have.
Thanks very much!!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: A pool full of new water with no circulation will get cloudy quick as temperatures increase. You need some sanitizer in there - regular bleach. For today on day 1, maybe about 2-3 cups then brush it around really good to mix it in. At the same time, use the Poolmath calculator (link below) to add enough stabilizer for a CYA target of 30. Then tomorrow evening, and each evening after that, add about 1/4 gallon of bleach and mix it around. Stay away from pool store products!

In the meantime, you really need to order the proper test kit - TF-100 (link below). It's a great value and will serve you well all season long and perhaps some into next year. You must have accurate at-home testing.

Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Thank you. In regards to the test kit, I need get the add-on to test for salt too, correct?
Also I will have 2 plunger valves, one with and one without the vacuum release. Will it matter which one goes on the top hole of the pool?
and where do I buy cya stabilizer? Thanks again.

That's correct. You'll need a separate salt testing option. HERE is one example. For your two plungers, I really don't recall if it matters for the vacuum release. If someone else doesn't add a comment, I'll try to track that down for you. YOu can stabilizer at Wal-Mart or hardware store pool section for about $16 per 4lb container. :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.