Install through the wall Skimmer with pool full.

Thank for the reply. I've done all the research and bought a Hayward. I'm mainly wondering if anyone on here has tried to do it with water in the pool. I don't want to drain the pool . I read on a forum of someone doing this method but I can't remember where I seen it.

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

Hi, welcome to TFP! You may want to drain some of the water to just below where the skimmer will be installed. You want the pool to be partially filed as it will provide some support for the skimmer. Here is a link with instructions for installing a skimmer on an intex style pool.
Adding a Hayward Thru-the-Wall Skimmer to Intex Metal Frame Pool (PICS!!
This is perfect! Thank you so much!
I have a Coleman 18x48 pool . id like to add a through the wall skimmer but i already filled the pool. Has anyone tried to add skimmer with pool full?

Sent from my LGUS990 using Tapatalk

I installed one last year and best I remember I did not drain my pool. You simply make the cut after everything else is installed.

This ^^^^^

And my final piece of advice... Make sure you use a #3 phillips screwdriver to tighten the screws. The larger head creates more torque and will tighten the screws that extra bit they need to make the gasket seal. I tried with a #2 and had them as tight as I could get them but still had a slow trickle. Broke out the #3, twisted on them hard, each bolt made a nerve wrecking cracking sound but the leak stopped.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.