Looking for help, what to do?

WMS

Apr 25, 2016
Green Cove Springs,Fl.
Had the grand kids over for a swim. The youngest is just getting over from a ear infection and only 3 years old. He was wearing swimmers, he was hanging out by our bubblier. I shocked the pool after they left. This morning I found Feces on the bottom of the pool. It was clump together but when I scooped out most of it out but its breaks up and now very small fine partials. Had the water checked and only the alkalinity was off. Will chemicals take care of it or would it need to be drained?

Thanks

Vacuum up the remaining feces and then rise off the filter cartridge. Raise the FC to SLAM
level today and run the overnight chlorine loss test tonight. You don't need to drain the pool, and raising the FC to slam level should take care of any bacteria that may have been deposited in the pool. If you fail the OCLT then you can begin a full slam tomorrow.

Are you having visions of Caddyshack? Sorry I couldn't resist :D. Zea has you on the right path I am sure the visual is much worse than the impact on the water. Do you have one of the recommend test kits if so that is the best way to see how you are doing and if more is needed?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.