Aquabug not cleaning whole pool

Aug 17, 2014
westfield
The bottom seems to be spinning fine.

Here's a pic of the pool and the parts it missed. This is after 24hrs and me moving it close to skimmer once

4db88ba4ed3f4706fc80720b12cbdb39.jpg

Any ideas of why this is happening?
Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those just cruise around and turn every different way so they will miss some things.. That looks like algae...

What cowboy casey is saying is you have algae in your pool and no cleaner or filter will clear that out for you.....it'll just grow back.

Algae in your pool must be cleared with chemistry.

Well, I think figured out why it was missing a large portion of the vacuuming. The pump seems to only be circulating water for a couple hours, so not enough to allow full cleaning. I posted this under the pumping section of the forum, but since its related, ill mention it here:

Have a 15 x 30 above ground pool to horsepower two speed water pump and sand filter. Hadn't noticed it before because I thought it was the timer going off during the time I get home from work. Yesterday I noticed that after about three hours of the pump being on, the pump continues to run but the water stops circulating! If I flip the switch and turn the pump off and then back on, the water start circulating again.

Any idea why this would be happening and how to fix it?

As for the Algae, I'm working on the chemistry now.

It sounds to me like you need to backwash, my pressure will do that too as my filter fills up with junk. I assume that when the pump is turned off, the junk re-settles in the filter. When the pump is turned back on, there a new path for the water to take through the filter so the pressure is less. This is fairly short lived though and pressure rises fairly quickly. In reality a backwash followed by a minimum 30 sec rinse is needed. You should be backwashing after a 25% increase in pressure from your clean pressure. If you don't know what that is, just go ahead and backwash, rinse, then switch back to filter and record your "clean" pressure. Once this increases by 25% then backwash. For instance, if your clean pressure is 20 psi, then 20 + 25% = 25 psi.

The chemistry is really the most important part. With a proper test kit and a few questions here you can eliminate the algae and significantly extend your time until a backwash is needed. If you don't have a test kit I highly recommend getting one. Good luck!

Thanks. I backwashed this morning and left the pump on. I also shocked the pool. We'll see how it turns out. I do have to say I didn't rinse it, so I'll have to do it later. I do have to say ( and I'm new to the pool thing) that i sasw the pressure gauge say some where between 6-8 psi and thought I read somewhere to backwash when it was higher, so didn't think of backwashing. Since it's a new startup and there's a lot to clean, it makes sense thought.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.