T/A issue

May 10, 2009
I did my weekly test today. I have a 20x41 inground pool with a vinyl liner and a autocover so the pool is protected from the sun unless we are swimming. I used the TF100 kit and noticed the drop size on solution 009 was a lot smaller than all the other drop sizes I saw from the other dropper bottles. I am thinking that is the reason for the T/A being so high. I redid the T/A with a guardex kit that the pool installer gave me and the reading was a lot lower. Anyone else have that issue?

FC 1.5
CC 0.5
TC 2.0
pH 7.6
T/A 650 with guardex kit it was 230
CH 200
CYA 20

any other suggestions.

IT is a new pool (built last OCT) and we did not get a lot of use out of it last year due to the time it was built. The builder did not go into a lot of detail about what he did checmical wise so this site has been an excellent education tool. I have some stabilizer I could add so I guess it is off to the POOL CALCULATOR.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.