Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: T/A issue

1. Back To Top    #1

T/A issue

I did my weekly test today. I have a 20x41 inground pool with a vinyl liner and a autocover so the pool is protected from the sun unless we are swimming. I used the TF100 kit and noticed the drop size on solution 009 was a lot smaller than all the other drop sizes I saw from the other dropper bottles. I am thinking that is the reason for the T/A being so high. I redid the T/A with a guardex kit that the pool installer gave me and the reading was a lot lower. Anyone else have that issue?

FC 1.5
    CC 0.5
    TC 2.0
    pH 7.6
    T/A 650 with guardex kit it was 230
    CH 200
    CYA 20

any other suggestions.
    12*24, 8,600 gallon vinyl inground, 12*18 H2otsun solar panel, Polaris ATV, 1hp Superpump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: T/A issue

Yes, that happens sometimes. Wipe the dropper tip with a damp tissue and it should go back to normal.

Your FC and CYA levels both seem just a little low.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: T/A issue

IT is a new pool (built last OCT) and we did not get a lot of use out of it last year due to the time it was built. The builder did not go into a lot of detail about what he did checmical wise so this site has been an excellent education tool. I have some stabilizer I could add so I guess it is off to the POOL CALCULATOR.
    12*24, 8,600 gallon vinyl inground, 12*18 H2otsun solar panel, Polaris ATV, 1hp Superpump