Too much chlorine...Autopilot Digital 60

vinnie

Mar 12, 2009
I've had my system running for a couple weeks now. Just got my TF kit in the mail today so I can start testing daily. When I started my chlorine was basically at zero. After about a week it was at approx 5ppm. (Took sample to pool store for testing). Today it's up to 7ppm. Originally I set the level at 50% but it went down to 33% because of my water temperature. It's been sitting right around that 33% for the two weeks. The cell power level is at 1. I have the system running 24/7 along with my pump.

Should I lower the purifier level down (i'm thinking in 1/2)? I see the manual shows not to go below 25%. Or should I change the amount of time the system is running?

Thanks,

Vince

If there is too much FC, lower the percentage. If there is too little FC raise the percentage. Set the pump run time based on water clarity, then adjust the percentage. Don't let the SWG dictate the pump run time (unless you absolutely have to).

There isn't anything in the manual that says not to go below 25%. Going below 25% is just fine.

Sounds good, i've lowered the % down and will continue to run it 24/7 for a while if not for good. The note in the manual says that if you need to go below 25% to lower the cell power and raise the % back up. Since I was already on the lowest power I wasn't sure if it was a bad thing to run below that 25%.

Thanks for the info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.