Summer escape pool- how long to run pump

Jun 6, 2016
Nichols New York
Hi all,
Just joined the site!
I'm a new pool owner of a 12x30 Summer escape pool. Im wondering if I need to run the pump 24/7 once I've set it up and added chemicals... I've heard the standard pumps that come with them are well... Cheap and not great. so I'm afraid it won't keep up with it. Would I be better off getting a different pump? If so what one? There's so many out there! It's very overwhelming.

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Generally we don't recommend running the pump 24/7. You can read more here on the Pool School - Determine Pump Run Time page. Our biggest concerns are running the pump long enough to mix chemicals, vacuum, and remove surface debris. Other than that, the pump can rest as long as the water looks clear. Adjust the run time to what seems to work best for your pool based on the conditions where you live. Nice to have you with us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.