Motor noisy and running hot

Vtdano

May 30, 2016
Roanoke/VA
OK guys, being new to TFP, i'm not sure if I should post this question here or start a new thread, so forgive me if I am doing this wrong. The issue with my pump is that it is running extremely loud and extremely hot. I looked at it and it is a 1 hp Emerson motor (model C55CXKLZ-5010). It's pushing a 1.5 hp impeller on a Hayward super pump (model SP2610X15). The lady who owns this pool has had the motor and impeller replaced multiple times over the past few years. From reading other forums on this site, it doesn't seem like your impeller should be higher horsepower than your motor. Am I understanding that correctly? I'm trying to help or make a case about the company that replaced her motor and impeller last year having to cover the cost of a burned-out motor this year since it's always going to overdrive that motor with an impeller that requires more horsepower. She always feels that these companies take advantage of her when they service her equipment because she knows little to nothing about it. That's where I come in! ?

Mismatching a single speed motor and impeller like that is indeed a bad idea. The only way to know for sure that the impeller is mismatched is to get the part number on the impeller. When the previously changed the motor they may have put a smaller impeller in the same wet end housing.

Thanks, I have scheduled service on the pump with the company that worked on it last. They replaced the motor in 2013, then again in 2014 (under warranty), and then they replaced the impeller in 2015. Found the exact motor and it is actually an Emerson EST1102 1-speed 1HP, but I will ask them to give me the number off of the impeller when they service it. Shocked it yesterday, hoping it holds til they get the water circulating again!

Re: another Added shock chlorine but sill, FC = 0 ?

if shes had the pump and motor replaced several times over the past year, then theres an underlying cause that nobody has addressed yet. time to start singling out possible causes and eliminating them until you find whats causing this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.