How to make sure when pump goes on SWCG goes on?

So my I currently have a timer like this (http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/400/43/43525ca4-0dcf-4a2c-8126-871216e77c3d_400.jpg).

The "timing" portion of it no longer works (it doesnt spin ever). I bought a hayward VSP which has a timer built into to it and I have the old timer on manual "on" at all times an just use the timer built into the pump.

I plan on adding a SWCG and want this to go on only when the pump is on, How can I do this now that I have the main old timer always on?

You can also just program the salt system to match the times you set for the pump. Have the salt come on 5 min after the pump and stop 5 min before the pump shuts off. All the systems I have seen have a flow sensor so there is not much danger of the cell turning on without the pump running.

That should work with Hayward automation. You could get something like the AquaPlus instead of an AquaRite. Make sure that it has the latest software version. Is there any other equipment that you want to control?

Note: Confirm with Hayward to make sure that everything will work like you want. Sometimes things don't work like you might expect.

They all have a flow switch. However, it should not be the only interlock. It should be secondary to a primary interlock. If enough chlorine gas and hydrogen gas build up, the gas mixture can explode.

By the time you buy and hook up the Aquarite and sensing relay it would probably be cheaper and easier to get the AquaPlus. The AquaPlus comes with the aquarite system and cell.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.