Want to replace pump

Jun 3, 2016
Grove City
We just bought an intex ultra frame 15x48 pool and it came with a crappy Krystal clear cartridge pump. I want to change it and get the intex 2100gph sand filter pump. I'm a little confused on how this transition will work. Currently there are 3 hoses connected to the pool. 2 suction valves and 1 valve that pushes water out. It appears the sand filter only uses 2 hoses. Do I cap off one of the inlet openings or get another hose and put a y adapter on? I already know I need hose adapters because it currently uses 1 1/4 in hose and the new pump uses 1 1/2 in hose. Please help!!

You're correct that the sand filter will simply have one hose going in (suction from the skimmer) and one going out (pressure/return back to the pool). What many people do is what you noted - using a splitter or Y-adapter to have two returns back to the pool. This can help with circulation, or in some cases can provide a second return for a fountain/aeration which help to manage pH and cool warmer water in the summer. There are several pics in other threads posted here. You might do a little searching from the Home Page's search field for some examples.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.