Bronze Supporter
May 25, 2015
Fort Mill, SC
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a 20000 gallon pool with a 1/2 HP pump. I am planning to install new 3/4" return jets. Is it safe to close off 2 out of 3 of them using the Jandy valve? The reason I ask is I would like to increase the flow rate to a fountain for a few hours here and there.

I close mine off to divert to the waterfalls or to make the bubblers go high for the kids. I have actually made a water gun for the kids and an air cooler (evaporative) coming out of the bubblers and shut everything else off. My PB kept a return always flowing through the spa just in case everything was turned off, which saved me once. The main thing as far as I can tell is to make sure the water can return somewhere. it will affect circulation somewhat so you may not want to do it 100% of the time.

Good to know, thanks. So here's a photo of my pool equipment. In the foreground is a Jandy valve, with the inlet coming in on top, and the two outlets connected to the return jets going out the side and bottom. So my plan is to close off one of those outlets and see which return jets shut down. I assume two jets are on one line, and the third jet is on the second. That is an assumption, as this pool has had all kinds of funky stuff going on. Worst case, all three jets are on one line, and the other line is just capped off. Is there a way to tease this out without just throwing the valve and seeing if the pump deadheads?

DSC01556.JPG

Heck with it, I took a chance and threw the valve. One of the returns closed off. So that's good. It's not the two I want off, though. So for that I have to get that Jandy valve in the other position. I have another thread going on that. Apparently I need to remove that front plate and rotate the assembly 90 degrees. So that's my next project.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.