Filter question

Not necessarily. ... if you have algae in you pool your filter will not alway trap the fine particals.... im assuming you have a sand filter...?
A better idea is to fill the pool with as much water it can hold... then select waste on your multiport valve/selector.
And vacume as much of the algae to waste...rather than have it go through your filter..

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

My bad... i didnt read your post properly.... sorry.
Revised answer is,,,, Yes, you could have a defective spider gasket in your multiport valve
Or as i said before, the particals could be extremely small and be passing straight through your filter media.
What you could try if your confident enough is dismantle the top of the multiport valve and lube the gasket with some magic lube or something similar,,, then put back together and see if for a short while it stops,,,, if it does then you know its the gasket.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

Is this an indication something is worn in the multi-selector?
Certainly can be. once you resolve that issue, get some chlorine in your pool and get rid of that algae......although I must say you may not have noticed the issue if it wasn't for the visible algae.....that may be a first where algae actually helps someone

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.