Help getting pool straightened out

Jun 5, 2016
Whiting, Iowa
Need some advice, my pool water is very clear but green looking and emerald green looking in the deep end. I've dropped about $300 on chemicals, mostly phosphate removers, I'm just curious if I'm better off burning everything out with liquid chlorine. I live in a small town surrounded by corn fields and I'm sure my inground pool is getting chauked full of fertilizer from spraying. I had copper issues from well water last year and this definitely looks different. Clear but emerald green instead of cloudy and aqua green. Here are some of my test numbers.
Thanks for any tips, just tired of spending a fortune on chemicals. Also, pool is. 42' x 21' inground with a vinyl liner
CYA 49
Tot C 2.7
Free C 0.3
pH 7.2
Tot Alk 114
Tot hard 212
Tot copper 0.2

A pic of that green would help. Copper very rarely comes from a well. Copper is commonly found in the pool because there are too many copper laden chemicals that have been put in.

So, where to start?? That pool sounds like it is maybe 15,000 gallons? You could simply drain and refill for maybe $100 but that's city water. can your well provide the capacity? I(f so, you should have the well analyzed to see what you end up with.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.