New To The Pool Stuff !

okay so my father used to take care of the pool i was always not home working ect he passed away an i must not be getting it right or something all last year it was either green or milky.
I been listening to the pool store witch where i got it from an its always add this an more of this. Few hundred dollars down already this season an its finally not green its white an my FC keeps
disappearing not sure what im doing wrong here i shock and i have 3inch slow dissolving tabs in my floater and in my skimmer. but FC keeps showing nothing but i can smell it. also all the algae is dead but cant get rid of the milky cloudy water... any thing helps still new to the pool care.

Welcome. You are an excellent candidate for one of our recommended test kits in Pool School and a good old SLAM. You are not smelling FC----the good stuff. You are smelling CC---the bad stuff. Get a kit and we can help you fix it.

Yup. With the right testkit and therefore reliable results, there are lots of people here who can help you get a sparkly, sanitary pool for much cheaper than the witch. Hahaha.
Bite the bullet, get a kit, and we'll be here.
In the meantime, take the tabs out of the floater and add a half jug of bleach every day.

Love it, that's a new one - the pool $tore witch, hahahaha... It goes spectacularly well with "...selling me pool $tore potion$"

If you want a clean, sparkling pool that's easy to look after, go online and order (in priority of willingness to spend)
TF100
XL option
Speed stirrer
You'll save the cost back so fast you'll hardly believe it was possible.
TFTestkits.net

You'll need to decide whether you want to go with TroubleFreePool or the pool store. A mix of the two methods doesn't work.

We would not use either of those things from the pool store.

We would adjust pH and use liquid chlorine, with chems available from hardware, Walmart, etc. To do these things, you need an adequate test kit, which will pay off within a month or two vs. pool store methods and purchases.

If you want a sense of how it works, here's a couple of recent threads:

Read first few entries, then look at the last page of the thread and look at the pictures.
Need some help ASAP - a 9 year old's birthday party depends on it!!
You can read as much as you want to see how the process unfolded.

There's also a long thread for this one, but the person was generous with their time and wrote a testimonial here:
There are no shortcuts; believe in the process and trust the experts - thank you TFP

You decide. We will bend over backwards to help those who help themselves. We do this as volunteers because we love to help others. Let us help you!

How much did the first aid cost you? How much is the floc gonna cost? Compare that to the cost of the testkit. Again, you decide. We will be here if you are willing to follow our methods.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.