high conditioner

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: Raising pH with borax is fine, but it won't have any effect on your CYA. CYA is increased by products that have stabilizer in them, either by adding a granule/liquid stabilizer/conditioner, or repetitive use of chlorine tablets/bags of shock.

Can you tell us how you are testing? Also please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

Stop. You cannot SLAM with test strips. Period. There's a reason the SLAm article lists as FAS-DPD tester as a prerequisite.

Using test strips, you're working practically blind. At high FC levels, the color pads will bleach out, so even if they were accurate in the beginning they still wouldn't work. Try to paint a picture in the dark. Odds are you'll get paint on the canvas but it won't look like what you wanted. All you'll have done is make a mess and waste paint. Chlorine is the paint and the pool is the canvas. The test kit is the light you use to see by.

Welcome to TFP!

We prefer to read test strips face down in the trash can. :mrgreen: I wish I could remember who said that to give proper credit, but I can't.

So are you sure you don't like test strips? Tested with taylor kit ph 7.4 cya 75. Dumping 10000 gals refill and start to slam on tues. I sure hope that will do it.
I will let you know and thanks for the advice. Total water in pool is 25000 gals

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.