Something is fried on my PCB

Jun 5, 2016
Roseville, CA
Hi All,

New member here and first-time poster.
My AquaRite PCB recently lost power so I opened it up to check it out and found something that looks fried.
I took a picture and highlighted the part that is fried. Haven't found any kind of circuit board road map online so I thought I would come here.
Does anyone know what part this is? Hopefully I can just replace the damaged part without having to fork over money for a new PCB. Sorry about the bad photo. Thanks for your help.

pcb.jpg

Normally, it is the thermal limiter (upper right by red wire) which goes bad on those boards but that looks like it might be the relay control IC. If you can read the part# and you know how to work on PCBs, you might be able to replace although it could be multiple components that went bad and that is just the obvious one.

Another option is to go this route: Hayward GLX-PCB-RITE Main Circuit PCB Board For Aqua Rite Goldline Swimming Pool

They also have repair services too.

GLX-PCB-RITE Repair | eBay

I don't know where you would get a schematic but if you trace the copper traces on the PCB, you can usually figure out what each IC is doing. I believe that IC has traces that connect to the relays that are to the right of it so that is probably a relay driver. But to replace it, you are going to need the exact part number because not all drivers are going to have the same pin out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.