Many thanks on Stenner Pump recommendation

New TFP member here. After my Nature2 Soft went out this year (6 years old), I was looking for a less expensive and more reliable alternative for automated pool sanitation. I heard about the Liquidator and I was intrigued. But I read on a couple of TFP forums that the amount of chlorine added was dependent on pump speed which was a no go for me since I have a dual-speed pool pump. Then I read about Stenner peristaltic pumps and how easy they were to install and not that much more expensive than the Liquidator. I ordered the 85MHP5 from Locke Well & Pump. I installed it in about an hour with no issues using the Nature2 drain plug as the injection point and a digital timer to set on-off times. The reservoir tank is a 5 gallon plastic water container that fits nicely behind my filter.

A few questions regarding maintenance of the Stenner:
1) How often does the injection point (the check valve with the duck bill) have to be cleaned? The manual showed how to clean it, but didn't offer recommendations on timing.
2) How long does the tube inside the pump typically last?
3) How long does the intake and output 1/4" tubes typically last? They are out of the sun for most of the day.

Thanks,
Michael

Attachments

• 20160605_092750.jpg
    20160605_092750.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 52
I have the stenner mounted on a wall, like you. I don't thin the 1/4" input and output tubes will ever have to be replaced....I am going on 4 years now. I know some people recommend to replace the tube inside the pump every year. I just replaced my first one, after 3 years of service. Again, not sure how often to clean the injection port/duckbill....I am now into season 4, and have never had to clean it.

Hope that helps

Dan

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.