out at the theater

loopy

Jun 5, 2016
lubbock tx
We built a 16 feet x 9 ft outdoor theater to watch while we're swimming. We use a jvc 4k projector and the planters are actually speaker housings. Complimented with phone controlled led lighting everywhere. Anybody else watching movies and swimming?

- - - Updated - - -

More photos.

Attachments

• 20160528_211959.jpg
    20160528_211959.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 489
  • 20160528_211955.jpg
    20160528_211955.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 20160526_213917.jpg
    20160526_213917.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 488
Very awesome. I do it with a screen that's base snaps together in about 15 minutes. Im considering going to inflatable for ease. But for now it works great:

Download-File

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I only set mine out when it's getting used. With my hellions running around, it would be in the pool in no time or completely fried from the sun.

hmm... i am still looking for the proper solution to have a TV by the pool with no overhang/shade.

Yes, I can buy a junky tv and replace it every year.,...but its not going to last a single rain if I don't have it covered in something.
No, Im not going to buy one of those $1k rainboxes because they are insane and no i am not buying a super expensive sunbrite tv
I have a giant projector screen (extra, don't ask) and a projector, but I can't leave a screen just standing (not to mention wind concerns) and I'd have to still drag the projector back and forth.

i really wish there was an affordable solution to my needs! At this point, I feel like I need to build a cabana, just to have a tv!

When I dont want to drag out the giant screen and projector for the kids (we only use it 3 or 4 times a summer) we use the tv mounted on the house. With one of those weather proof boxes. Its called The TV Shield. For the 50" TV it was $600.
Not cheap and nothing special but its pretty nice and well built.

All i had to do after getting it all put together and mounted was re-route the power. I do like it a lot for hanging out day to day, but nothing beats the 160" projector screen from the pool :)

image.jpg1_3.jpg

You could build a cabana for the TV, basically a waterproof box around it with doors to open when you wanted to watch TV :)

something like this Shutter TV Wall Cabinet | Ballard Designs

i could, but that would imply I have somewhere to hang it. Basically I want something to be either mounted from the ground or somehow come up from the ground over my waterfalls.

i dont really have anything to mount it against!View attachment 50741

- - - Updated - - -

When I dont want to drag out the giant screen and projector for the kids (we only use it 3 or 4 times a summer) we use the tv mounted on the house. With one of those weather proof boxes. Its called The TV Shield. For the 50" TV it was $600.
Not cheap and nothing special but its pretty nice and well built.

All i had to do after getting it all put together and mounted was re-route the power. I do like it a lot for hanging out day to day, but nothing beats the 160" projector screen from the pool :)

image.jpg1_3.jpg

come on dude, time to take off the energy guide sticker :p

come on dude, time to take off the energy guide sticker :p

That's funny. If I took it off, nobody would know how green I am :)
That was the first day I had it up.

- - - Updated - - -

hmm... i am still looking for the proper solution to have a TV by the pool with no overhang/shade.

Yes, I can buy a junky tv and replace it every year.,...but its not going to last a single rain if I don't have it covered in something.
No, Im not going to buy one of those $1k rainboxes because they are insane and no i am not buying a super expensive sunbrite tv
I have a giant projector screen (extra, don't ask) and a projector, but I can't leave a screen just standing (not to mention wind concerns) and I'd have to still drag the projector back and forth.

i really wish there was an affordable solution to my needs! At this point, I feel like I need to build a cabana, just to have a tv!

What about something crazy like this?

http://www.wayfair.com/Kanto-Mobile-TV-Stand-for-37-65-Flat-Panel-Screens-MTM65PL-L1562-K~KANT1074.html?refid=GX107983255946-KANT1074&device=t&ptid=155575305900&gclid=CjwKEAjwtLO7BRDax4-I4_6G71USJAA6FjN1yDj-NcyARiCzUoHe7ZA2mtNXrlEwxEmgliopeiY7bhoC62Tw_wcB

You can get one of those ROKU TVs that hook up to WIFI so you dont have to run cable to it. Roll the thing into your garage / shed when you are done. Itll hold up to a 65" screen.

That's funny. If I took it off, nobody would know how green I am :)
That was the first day I had it up.

- - - Updated - - -

What about something crazy like this?

http://www.wayfair.com/Kanto-Mobile...ARiCzUoHe7ZA2mtNXrlEwxEmgliopeiY7bhoC62Tw_wcB

You can get one of those ROKU TVs that hook up to WIFI so you dont have to run cable to it. Roll the thing into your garage / shed when you are done. Itll hold up to a 65" screen.

thanks, but really want a perm solution, not a rolling cart - so ghetto.

- - - Updated - - -

not to mention something like that is totally a danger with risk of falling on someone or into the pool

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.