Pool pump humming, centrifugal Switch stuck open

Jun 5, 2016
Bethesda
My pool pump was leaking at the bottom, so I gathered enough courage to take the impeller off and replaced the seal. When replacing the impeller, I removed the capacitor and held the back of the shaft using a pliers (mistake) and I may have damaged the spring switch at the end of the shaft. I may have pressed the spring assembly using the pliers in doing so I think I may have moved the centrifugal switch also. Now my pump will make humming noise and will trip the circuit breaker after 15 sec. I checked and looks like the Centrifugal switch is stuck open when the pump is not running. Would someone please help? Also what is the name of the spring assembly, so that I can buy it, if required? I have attached a photo.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Centrifugal.jpg
    Centrifugal.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 110
Are both springs still on the governor?

It looks like the switch (grey V) pivoted and is off centered. Loosen the switch screw at the open part of the V, push the governor down and then turn the switch so it sits directly on top of the governor. Then tighten the switch screw.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.