Gone fishing... In the skimmer pipe.

Coach_1

May 10, 2016
Duncan, Ok
Well this morning my daughter was cleaning out the skimmer basket and kicked a screwdriver in the skimmer and down she went. We have to use a flathead screwdriver to get the skimmer lid off. Sits in the too tight. Luckily it looks to be less than 2 ft to the 90* turn in the pipe and the screwdriver is about 8 inches long. So my wife is running to tractor supply in search of a magnet on a stick type thing or long needle nose pliers. Thank the lord it fell handle first or I'd be in trouble. Needless to say I will fin another way to get it open.

Anyone have any any ideas?

Other ideas? Record the fishing experiment for future laughs. Maybe attach the screwdriver to a cinder block like restroom keys at a gas station. :) I think you have the right about the magnet as long as the screwdriver shaft is steel or something the magnet will grab. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.